Joan Jett CeeLo: Green Dumped By Festival, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts To Replace Him

September 7, 2014 | By Garrett Montgomery More

Joan Jett CeeLo Photo

Joan Jett in, CeeLo Green out. Joan Jett will replace CeeLo at the upcoming Gretna Heritage Festival next month. CeeLo Green was dropped from the festival after making a series of controversial comments about rape on Twitter. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts will headline the event in Louisiana on October 5th.

Joan Jett and CeeLo Green have swapped places. In a press release issued by the Gretna Heritage Festival, it was revealed that Joan Jett and the Blackhearts will be headlining the event in place of CeeLo Green.

Officials from the Gretna Heritage Festival explained that CeeLo was booted from the concert series because of tweets that he posted last week where he tried to defend himself against rape allegations.

Jefferson Parish councilman and festival co-chair Ricky Templet, said that “CeeLo’ comments are not acceptable.”

The festival organizers further explained the reason why CeeLo Green was dropped from the festival in the following statement:

“Our community does not condone these disparaging remarks delivered by Cee Lo Green.We feel this entertainer does not represent what our festival is about and has achieved over the past 20 years.”

Templet and Jett may have been pushed to dump CeeLo Green because of a petition started on Change.org.

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts will perform at the 2014 Gretna Heritage Festival in the City of Gretna, Louisiana on Sunday October 5th.

Gretna Heritage Festival, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, will begin on October 3rd and conclude on October 5th.

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts is an 1980s rock band that has released 10 albums – the first came out in 1981 entitled I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll and the latest was in 2013 called Unvarnished.

Along with Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Cherub and Lynyrd Skynyrd are expected to take the stage during the musical event.

Many are hoping that Joan Jett and the Blackhearts will deliver a great performance like they did at the New York State Fair’s Chevy Court last month.

The band kept fans on their feet as they performed hits like “Bad Reputation,” and “Cherry Bomb.”

This weekend, CeeLo Green not only learned that he was being replaced by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, the 39-year-old was also dumped by the United States Navy for their forthcoming benefit concert at the Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling.

CeeLo Green whose real name is Thomas DeCarlo Callaway will no longer be taking the stage at the United States Navy-sponsored concert scheduled for September 20 in Washington, D.C.

In a statement the United States Navy said that they no longer want to be associated to the “No One’s Gonna Love You” singer because “the comments posted on social media by Mr CeeLo Green were completely inconsistent with Navy core values.”

The statement went on to say:

“Unfortunately, one of the performers we signed for the JBAB Freedom Live show on 20 September recently posted comments on social media that we consider to completely inconsistent with Navy core values. Regardless of intent or context, the lack of sensitivity towards an issue that is one of the great challenges facing our Navy is unacceptable.”

A replacement for CeeLo Green will be announced in the upcoming days – maybe they should call Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

Freedom LIVE, the concert host, plans to refund concert goers. Country band Little Big Town is set to appear at the show.

On September 2nd, CeeLo who was accused of giving a 33-year-old woman Ecstasy in 2012 while on a date with her, took to Twitter where he asked some bizarre questions.

The “The Lady Killer” artist asked, is it rape if the woman is unconscious and can not remember that she was sexually assaulted?

Green also stated that when a female was raped, she has a recollection of the horrible event.

His tweets read:

“If someone is passed out they’re not even WITH you consciously! so WITH Implies consent.People who have really been raped REMEMBER!!! “

After the insensitive tweets went viral, the “I Want You” artist deleted them and offered a half apology saying that his words were taken out of context.

The scandalous post lead to the cancellation of his show CeeLo Green’s The Good Life on TBS. It is believed that The Voice dumped the entertainer because of the sexual battery court case.

The singer who was originally charged with sexual assault, was cleared in October of 2013 after the L.A. County District Attorney heard a recording that proved both CeeLo and his then girlfriend had taken the date rape drug the night of the rape.

The woman had told police that she had dinner with CeeLo Green and the next day, she woke up to find herself naked in a bed with the singer in her hotel room and had no recollection of the previous evening.

Last month the crooner pleaded no contest to charges of furnishing Ecstasy to the woman.

Mr Green was charged with felony possession of narcotics and was sentenced to three years of formal probation and ordered to complete 360 hours of community service at the Recording Academy’s MusiCares Foundation.

He was also ordered to attend 52 Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous meetings.

Despite pleading guilty, Green’s lawyers have stated the the pair who was dating for several months had “consensual relations.”

CeeLo is due back in court in March of 2015.

After the Twitter scandal unfolded, Green has vanished from social media. He has not tweeted and has also been silent on Instagram.

What are you thoughts on Joan Jett replacing CeeLo Green? The two have very different styles of music, will the fans who were expecting R&B and hip hop be pleased with ’80’s sounding rock?

Is CeeLo’s career over? Some say it may be the case.

Be Sociable, Share!

    Tags:

    Category: Music

    Comments are closed.


    About · Contact · Contributors · Privacy Policy · Sitemap · Terms of Service ·